Cape & Island News
- Boy killed in fire tried to retrieve laptop from burning shed
HYANNIS - Savvas Yianasmidis may have died after dashing back into a burning shed to retrieve his laptop computer, according to a family member of one of other two boys involved in Monday's tragic fire.
- Cape hospitals gird for severe respiratory virus
HYANNIS — Cape Cod hospitals are taking precautions to protect patients from a potentially serious respiratory virus affecting mostly infants and children.
- Afghan soldiers stopped at Canadian border
Less than two days after they ditched a chaperone at the Cape Cod Mall in Hyannis, three Afghanistan military leaders attending a training session at Joint Base Cape Cod sought asylum at the Canadian border and were at least temporarily thwarted.
- Fire kills Hyannis boy, 8
HYANNIS — An 8-year-old boy was killed in a shed fire behind 252 Hinckley Road on Monday afternoon in what was deemed a "very tragic accident," according to State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan.
- Police: Man stole safes from Centerville bakery
CENTERVILLE — Barnstable police arrested a 19-year-old man Sunday for suspicion of breaking into the Centerville Pie Co. and taking the bakery's safes, police said in a statement Monday.
- Bourne man released on threatening charge
FALMOUTH — A Sagamore Beach man was released on his own recognizance Monday after pleading not guilty to a charge he threatened to slit the throat of a Market Basket employee, then drove into a store manager as he fled the parking lot, Falmouth...
- Brewster man held on $10,000 bail for alleged assault at relative's home in Chatham
CHATHAM — A Brewster man was ordered held on $10,000 bail Monday after he allegedly went on a rampage at a relative's home and then attacked police officers.
- Propane leak forces evacuation of 2 homes
SANDWICH — A propane tank leak closed a portion of Main Street for about two hours Monday, Sandwich Deputy Fire Chief John Burke said.
Connect With Us!
Tweet us, like us on Facebook or visit our blog!